Incident reporting is the process of formally documenting all facts and data related to any incidents, injuries, or collisions that occur while a fleet driver is driving. Prompt and reliable incident video and data evidence may also be included as part of the incident report as it limits risk exposure and reduces collision-related costs.
Why incident reporting is important
- Every incident matters. Traditional fleet safety solutions can’t tell a rear-end collision from a speed bump, leaving fleets in the dark when a serious incident occurs.
- Every second matters. The longer it takes to address incidents, the higher the cost of injury, handling, and potential liability.
- Who’s at fault matters. Lack of concrete evidence increases processing and claims handling costs over time.
Reduce risk exposure with artificial intelligence (AI)
AI helps reduce claims handling costs with faster and smarter incident notification and management. Accurately identifying collisions in real-time enables fleet managers to know in real-time when something happens in their fleet to help address issues and assist drivers as soon as possible. In addition, streamlining claims processing can help return vehicles back to the road promptly.
How Nauto improves incident reporting
Nauto’s AI-powered solutions detect collisions and immediately notify fleet managers to file first notice of loss (FNOL). Leveraging a cloud-to-device AI detection model, Nauto identifies more collisions in real-time than other solutions. Nauto’s Incident Reporting can capture precise and relevant video, time, location, and other pertinent information, and automatically populate a Collision Report for FNOL reporting. In the case of frivolous and wrongful claims, fleets can easily exonerate drivers and protect their brand with video evidence.
- Traditional solutions use a single g-force value to detect a severe incident in the vehicle, but Nauto captures them all.
- Other solutions require human review of events before notifying customer fleets; our Suspected Incident notifications leverage our high-precision collision AI model and notify fleets when a collision is detected on the edge to quickly mobilize the claims process.
- Other solutions rely on customers to deconstruct collision videos (for example, videos are sent to customers days after the event) for reports; Nauto Collision Reports automatically generates a report for historical documentation and turnkey insurance reporting.
- Nauto Collision Reports supplies detailed information surrounding an incident to handle the insurance reporting for you.
- Leveraging an edge-to-cloud AI model, Nauto can identify even minor fender-benders within seconds of the incident to enable fleets to react immediately. This saves time between incident and claim filing, while ultimately saving money.